The Controller reports to the President and will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities. The Controller will work closely with the President and senior leadership team, in matters that relate to finance and accounting for I. Kitagawa Co. (IKC), Parts Center Hawai’i (PCH), IK Motors, Kona Auto Center and Kamaaina Nissan (Dealerships).
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations for the aforementioned entities and supervise a team of staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, account payable and accounts receivable. The Controller will work closely with leaders and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support operations.
- Controller for IKC, PCH and Dealerships.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for IKC, PCH and Dealerships as required by the manufacturer and management.
- Analyze financial data and clearly communicate findings, progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of IKC, PCH and Dealerships financial status.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit and assist with the tax preparation for IKC, PCH and Dealerships in collaboration with the President, CFO and independent CPA.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Assist CFO and senior leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Leverage the strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
Full time position with Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K for eligible employees.